I ONLY NEED THE 2 POWERPOINT SLIDES AT THE MOMENT, NOT THE WHOLE ESSAY.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE REQUESTED TIME AS IT IS URGENT!
1- First Slide: Construct an essay plan including a comprehensive introduction, powerful and well-written main arguments (at least 3) , and compelling conclusion for a 2000 words essay.
2- Second Slide: A list of source material.
MHRA REFRENCING STYLE ONLY!
Please choose one of the following essay questions:
1. Discuss the importance of figurative language in Renaissance poetry by referring to at least two poems by metaphysical poets.
2. Consider the different ways in which poets have used the sonnet form by referring to at least two poems (either from the same or from different historical periods).
3. Discuss the complex relationship between poetry and theology in 17thc poetry by referring to at least two poems.
4. Discuss how in the 18thc poetry turned into a genre â€˜where intellect and rational sensibility held sway, conferring logic upon and controlling its imaginative excesses.â€™ Refer to at least two poems from the period.
5. â€˜Romanticism was a response to an unprecedented pattern of intellectual, social and political developments.â€™ Discuss by referring to at least two poems.
6. Female poets of the Romantic period â€˜actively promoted and pursued a transition from being the object to becoming the subject of poetry.â€™ Discuss by referring to at least two poems by female Romantic poets.
7. Matthew Arnold said: â€˜More and more mankind will discover that we have to turn to poetry to interpret life for us, to console us, to sustain us.â€™ Discuss in relation to at least two Victorian poems.
8. Consider the different ways in which poets have used the dramatic monologue by referring to at least two poems (either from the same or from different historical periods).
9. Are Victorian women poets creators of a particularly feminine tradition? Discuss in relation to at least two poems by Victorian female poets.
10. Ezra Pound once said that the rhythm of a poem must have meaning. Show through an analysis of at least two modernist poems what you think he meant by this.
11. â€˜â€¦ to break the pentameter, that was the first heaveâ€™ (Pound, â€˜Canto 81â€™). Why did so many modern poets want to â€˜break the pentameterâ€™ and what did they achieve? Refer to two or more poets.
12. How have poets made use of wider historical and cultural perspectives to explore their contemporary political scene or events? Discuss by referring to at least two poems
13. â€˜Every artist is either a man or a woman and the struggle is pretty much the same for bothâ€™ (Elizabeth Hardwick). Discuss this comment with reference to the work of two or more women poets.
14. Do male and female poets write about the body differently? Consider at least two poets in your answer.
15. Post- colonial poetry forges â€˜hybrid figures, vocabularies, and genres that embody the postcolonial conditionâ€™. Discuss by referring to at least two poems.
16. â€˜Poetry by its metaphorical nature is subversive of simple truths.â€™ With reference to at least two poets, consider the validity of this statement.
17. â€˜Poetry is a city of words, a complex heterogeneity that functions both as its parts and as a wholeâ€™. Discuss the complex relationship between the urban and contemporary poetry by referring to at least two poems.
18. ‘For culture and environment are held together in a complex and delicate web.’ Discuss this statement in relation to two poems and by referring to the genre of â€˜eco-poetryâ€™
Note: Before choosing any poems for the essay please discuss it with me first.
My favourite essay topic are 11-12-14. However, feel free to choose any topics you can do best with.
A sample of essay plan presentation attached.