Please do a paragraph about this post with this instruction .
post most have 4 or more sentences .
you also have to have a high quality post from a content perspective. This means it also needs to do more than agree with or praise a class mate. If you agree with a classmate, explain why, give an example, share what you learned in the readings
What nursing interventions are appropriate for Mrs. J. at the time of her admission? Drug therapy is started for Mrs. J. to control her symptoms. What is the rationale for the administration of each of the following medications?
- IV furosemide (Lasix) â€“ Lasix is a diuretic that will help to reduce the fluid overload symptoms associated with CHF. Although I would advise to use extreme caution considering Mrs. Jâ€™s Blood pressure is documented at 90/58
- Enalapril (Vasotec) â€“ Helps improve heart function targeting ventricles for smoother blood flow. Monitor BP
- Metoprolol (Lopressor) Tachycardia(HR 118) can cause increased workload on your heart. Monitor BP
- IV morphine sulphate (Morphine) â€“ Helps relax smooth muscles, itâ€™ll help with her pain but it will greatly reduce her anxiety and respiration considering the statement that she cannot get enough air.
Describe four cardiovascular conditions that may lead to heart failure and what can be done in the form of medical/nursing interventions to prevent the development of heart failure in each condition.
1. Atrial Fibrillation + RVR â€“ medication use for rate control and/or cardioversion if not contraindicated.
2. Hypertension â€“ lifestyle modifications and changes most importantly diet and exercise. Stress reduction. Reduced if not even better, eliminated salt intake. Medication treatment and management.
3. Obesity â€“ Encouragement of diet and exercise for weight loss!!
4. Smoking â€“ First and foremost â€¦ QUIT!! â€¦ Medical interventions can include education, therapy and nicotine patches/gum/meds.
Taking into consideration the fact that most mature adults take at least six prescription
medications, discuss four nursing interventions that can help prevent problems caused by multiple drug interactions in older patients. Provide rationale for each of the interventions you recommend.
Four nursing interventions that can help with multiple drug interactions include education of all realms
1. Close monitoring â€“ When patients require help and assistance with medications, it is important to offer teaching and education. This may include preparing medications in medisets for exact medication/dose/time to take the.
2. consider nonpharmacologic treatments â€“ Optimally it would be beneficial to reduce the amount of medications taking. Providing alternatives would be beneficial such as diet, exercise and lifestyle modifications (stress reduction would be an example).
3. Review of all medications â€“ as with close monitoring, reviewing the medications to ensure that they are correct. Polypharmacy is also a concern. Ensure right dose, right med and that they are correct for treatment.
4. easier dosing — Many times medication doses can taken once a day which can be easier for compliance than multiple times a day. Also consider when is the best time for the patient to take the medications. Easier can definitely ensure compliance and reduce errors.