Case studies are an important learning strategy in business classes as they provide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company.
Evaluate the case of your choice (Marketing Excellence BEST BUY), and respond to each of the questions below using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting research.
Marketing Excellence Best Buy
1. What were the keys to Best Buyâ€™s success? How have they differentiated themselves?
MBA 5501, Advanced Marketing 5
2. What pricing model has Best Buy adopted?
3. What are the challenges it faces in todayâ€™s retail environment from both a micro and macro environmental standpoint?
4. How else can Best Buy compete against retail competitors like Walmart and Costco as well as online competitors like Amazon.com?
- In formatting your case analysis, do not use the question-and-answer format; instead, use an essay format with subheadings.
- Your APA-formatted case study should be a minimum of 500 words in length (not counting the title and reference pages).
- You are required to use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old (one may be your textbook).
- All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.