Case Study Report
For this assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of how to apply a therapeutic model to a couple’s session through a case study report. There are three parts of this assignment.
Part I â€“ Selecting the Therapeutic Approach
After reading and selecting one of the two case studies in Unit 9 Assignment Case Studies [PDF] linked in the Resources, you will select a therapeutic model to complete the assignment. You must select a different therapeutic model from the one you selected for previous assignments:
- Emotionally focused therapy (EFT).
- Bowen family systems coaching.
- Solution-focused couple therapy.
- Narrative couple therapy.
- Structural couple therapy.
- Brief strategic couple therapy (BSCT).
In the description of the therapeutic model, include the following information:
- Analyze the couple’s contemporary issue through the lens of the therapeutic model that you chose, including an explanation and application of the model’s basic tenets, assumptions, beliefs, theories of change, and theory specific interventions, relevant to the presented issue and case study couple.
- Justify your the selection of therapeutic model for this couple.
Part II â€“ Implementation Plan: Therapeutic Dialogue
In the second part of the assignment, you will create a 2â€“3 page therapeutic dialogue. A therapeutic dialogue format is similar to how a drama script is written, as it shows the conversation between characters. A therapeutic dialogue features a conversation among the therapist and the clients. The dialogue should showcase the specific questions, observations, and interventions that are accurate representations of the approach of the chosen model. A therapeutic dialogue is similar to the transcription of a portion of a therapeutic session.
Part III â€“ Reflective Analysis
For the final part of this assignment, you will provide an analysis of the how your own personal beliefs, culture, and social factors might impact your work with this particular couple. In addition, address any considerations that would help to prevent or mitigate any potential ethical or legal issues when working with the couple. Explain how your methods to help prevent ethical or legal issues align with professional standards for the field:
- Justify selection of a specific therapeutic model for couple intervention.
- Analyze the coupleâ€™s contemporary issues through the lens of a selected therapeutic model.
- Apply appropriate questions and intervention strategies that align with a selected therapeutic model.
- Analyze how personal beliefs, culture, and social factors could impact the dynamics of the therapeutic relationship.
- Develop methods to prevent or mitigate any ethical and legal issues with alignment to professional standards in the field.
- Written communications: Provide a logical and well-reasoned paper with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and APA style citations.
- References: At least 8 professional, scholarly references. Using the Masters in Counseling Research Guide will help to focus your research.
- Length of paper: 10â€“12 pages, not including cover page and references.
- Format: Times New Roman font, 12 point size.