Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Articulate how the rules of criminal procedure apply to a criminal justice practitioner.
- Competency 2: Illustrate ethical compliance with criminal procedure from a criminal justice practitioner perspective.
- Competency 3: Apply the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments in a criminal justice context.
- Competency 4: Specify how the procedural rules apply to the admission of evidence in criminal cases.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in writing.
In this assignment, the criteria in your Connect Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to Competencies 1â€“5 for the course.
Throughout the class, you have examined the court system, sources of rights such as the rules and procedures of the criminal justice system pertinent to the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution, and fundamental principles in criminal law. You have examined, probable cause and reasonable suspicion in action, various stops, use of force, important exceptions to the rules of search and seizure, confessions and admissions, constitutional rights at trial, and the legal liability that can be placed on law enforcement officers.
Prepare a 4â€“6-page paper (1â€“1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies and address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1â€“4. This paper should showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context. This assignment should be placed in your ePortfolio for future reference, and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: One reference per competency.
- APA format: Format resources and citations as per current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 4â€“6 pages, not including the title page and the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.