The Chief of police has asked you to create a PowerPoint presentation based on the research findings. Your presentation consists of the current and future criminal justice technology, examples and the benefits to your department.
Create a 7-9 slide PowerPoint Presentation incorporating speaker notes that you and your team would present to the Mayorâ€™s Committee for approval to purchase future technology for your Department. Convince Mayor Taylor that he should approve the funds for your precinct to purchase new equipment by analyzing the future of information technology in the criminal justice system.
Be sure to address the following:
- Explain the impact of information technology on the criminal justice system. You may choose police, courts or corrections. (What are the future trends and/or types of technology?)
- Choose three or more examples of how information technology in criminal justice will help the city in the future. (This could be police, courts or corrections in the field a look towards the future.)
- Describe how information technology can impact policing in the future. (What are some examples of the impact?)
- Analyze three current advancements in technology that the criminal justice system has implemented and how this technology has aided the criminal justice system in either solving crime or related to police, courts or corrections.
- Discuss the sequencing and prioritization that you used in deciding which of the various technologies you choose to collect and analyze the data that you would collect. (i.e., Crime mapping/GIS and RMS.)
Include a title slide and reference slide.
Use bullets for your main points.
Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
Format your work consistent with APA guidelines.
Save your Assignment in the following format: Last name First name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn_Unit9_Assignment).
Submit your Assignment by selecting the Unit 9: Assignment in the Dropbox by the end of Unit 9.