Mary Jane went shopping on Tuesday night with her brother and sister from 7 to 9 p.m. She happened to be shopping in the same shopping center that had a burglary at 8 p.m. Tuesday night. The next day, while sitting in class, juvenile officers came and detained her for the burglary. They took her to a juvenile detention center and screened her for any prior illegal activity. Mary Jane had never been in trouble previously, so they let her go home with her parents with a notation of the time to come to juvenile court. Mary Jane insists that she had no part in the burglary.
- Do you feel that most people have a predisposition toward teenagers (e.g., they are always looking for trouble)? Why or why not?
- Do you think this is ever a reasonable belief? Why or why not?
- Regarding the scenario above, how do you think that might she prove her innocence? Explain.
- What evidence do you think might exist that could prove that she is innocent? Explain.
- Considering that she is a juvenile, how do you think that evidence will hold up in the court? Explain.
400 – 600 words, APA Format w/ reference