In the previous module, you familiarized yourself with the AdventureWorks database. Now it is time to put the database into action. In this discussion, draft the Structured Query Language (SQL) queries required to extract the necessary information to address your peersâ€™ questions.
Assume the position of a manager of AdventureWorks. Pose a question to your information technology (IT) expert about information you would like to extract from the database. Provide a 2- to 3-sentence brief describing why this question might be relevant. Examples of questions you may pose include the following:
- How many vendors are actively used?
- How many employees make over $60,000 per year?
In your response posts, include the following:
- Provide the Structured Query Language (SQL) that would be required to extract this information.
- Describe the relevance of the results.
- Would this provide data to answer the question posed?
- What other data is needed or could be accessed to increase effectiveness of the query?