Successful interventions rely on strong leadership and program management, steady and adequate funding, and the governmentsâ€™ willingness to use their authority to improve the health of their populations. Improvements in health can, in turn, help development efforts.
In this assignment you will write a paper about a global health success story. You should include:
- A description of the global health issue
- A description of the population that is affected
- Statistics about how many people were affected and how many died due to this issue
- The number of cases (if any) today
- Who/what raised awareness of the issue
- Who initiated an intervention or campaign to address the issue
- Who else helped
- What was done to address the issue
- How success is measured in terms of addressing the issue
- What remains to be done
- The 3 most important points you learned from this assignment
Length: 2â€“3 pages.