Globalization & Economic Growth
- What is globalization? How is the process of globalization driven? Is Globalization new? Provide reasons for your answers. (Hint: read Globalization101.org).
- What is the relationship between economic growth and barriers to international trade? Name a few countries to compare and contrast this issue. (Hint: read chapter 2).
- Would the US become a third world country because of the way things are going? Yes/No? Explain.
- The automaker BMW, whose corporate headquarters is in Germany, makes its X-series sport utility vehicles in South Carolina, and sells many of them in China. Who is outsourcing what to whom? Explain.
- If capitalism is so good in creating economic prosperity, why donâ€™t more nations try it?
- We are a group of 9 people going to Haiti in June to learn how we can help people in a poor country. Could you suggest how and what we can do as a small group to help lift people out of poverty? Support your explanation with example(s).
- Which of the following possible in-kind transfers do you think raises the â€œtrueâ€ incomes of recipients the most: a. free golf lessons, b. free transportation on public buses, or c. free food? Why?
Text Book: Miller, Roger LeRoy & Benjamin, Daniel K (2018). The Economics of MACRO ISSUES, 8th edition, Pearson. ISBN-13: 978-0134531991, ISBN-10: 013453199X