irst carefully read the attached Helix case study. You must read the case before class on Tuesday! You will be creating a communications plan for Helix (attached is an example communication plan).
You have been engaged by Helix management to develop recommendations to help improve communication within the company. As a consultant, you are in a position to objectively observe the communication dynamics in this organization and make recommendations based on industry best practices.
Each part of this assignment is worth 30%.
Part 2: Conduct a stakeholder analysis using the attached matrix. For each section of the matrix, include bullet points or sentence descriptions. Include the matrix in the final assignment. (500 words – the words included in the matrix will fulfill this requirement, you do not need to write additional content)
Part 3: Year 1 Communication Plan (in expanded outline form — 500-600 words)
The next step is to design a communication plan to help Helix achieve its business objective. The business objective is to align all employees with the companyâ€™s strategic direction.
- Describe 2-3 target audiences and influencers for the stated business objective (in bold above) based on your stakeholder analysis matrix.
- For each target audience, describe one communication objective intended to support the business objective (where is the focus: KNOW, THINK, FEEL, DO, etc.?). Include the principles of persuasion you will apply to support your strategy.
- Identify one communication tactic/activity that will help achieve each communication objective, the channel(s) youâ€™ll use, and success indicator(s).
Sample format (you will do this for 2-3 target audiences, based on your stakeholder analysis matrix):
- Target Audience 1
- Influencers Impacting Target Audience 1
- Communication Objective 1
- Know, Think, Feel – Where is your focus? How are you hoping to impact your audience with your communication efforts?
- 1 Tactic You Will Use to Accomplish Objective
- What channel(s) will you use to accomplish this tactic ?
- What Principles of Persuasion will you employ?
- What are your success indicators? Make sure your metrics are SMART (reference SMART goals in the textbook if you need additional information)
Be sure and reference the attached example, which includes a detailed sample communications plan as well as format for part 1 and 2.
This is not a research paper â€“ you should only reference (follow APA guidelines for in-text citations) readings from CMN6010 or other CMN courses. No reference list is required.
Also see attached John Hammond’s article, Learning by the Case Method. You may or may not be familiar with the case method, but it’s important to learn how to maximize the value of this learning method. I have also attached a sample communications plan which should help explain the process more clearly.