Option #2: Impact of Market Competition Forces on Health and Medicare Care Outcomes (Presentation)
Antitrust laws and managed care have had a significant influence on market competition in the healthcare industry, yet impediments to a more competitive healthcare market persist.
For this assignment, prepare an economic analysis brief that describes the role and impact of market competition force on healthcare outcomes in the United States or abroad to demonstrate an understanding of Module 6. Discuss and synthesize key elements from at least two recent scholarly articles (found in the CSU-Global Library) that address one of the following points:
- Determine the performance of the competitive market.
- Apply economic models, theories, or assumptions.
- Offer objective methods for attempting to predict future market behavior in response to events, trends, and cycles.
- Assess economic policy recommendations for healthcare stakeholders.
- Evaluate the economic health of the nation or state.
Your analysis should be thoughtful and thorough, well written, and should include:
- A minimum of 15 slides (not including the title and reference slides)
- Speakerâ€™s notes containing 50-100 words per slide to elaborate on the visual/text content on the slide (Only written presentation, not vocal). Slides need to be incorporated with images and text.
- Appropriate graphics, multi-media, and other visual elements to enhance the presentation delivery.
- A properly formatted reference slide that conforms to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. (Include Introduction and Conclusion).