Your proposed GUI design has been approved by management. Management is confident that this will help them determine the effectiveness of their sales force. They are ready to have you implement the GUI. Before designing the application further, they want to first have the GUI implemented to perform very basic functionality. As you progress through the assignments, your submission will culminate in a Final Key Assignment.
Implement the Swing application using the GUI you designed in the Phase 1 Discussion Board. The user will have to enter the following data items:
- Sales representative ID
- Sales representative First Name
- Sales representative Last Name
- Total sold for each of three categories: office supplies, books, and paper
- Sales district (North, South, East, West).
- Preferred means of contact with potential buyers (phone, e-mail, visit)
Include a QUIT button to exit the application and an ENTER button that causes the sales representativeâ€™s data to be retrieved from the GUI components and submitted to the application. The sales representativeâ€™s data will echo to the jTextArea each time the ENTER button is pressed.
Your application should be thoroughly commented.
Intermediate-level Java programming should be demonstrated:
- Program flow should be logical.
- Projects should be developed in NetBeans and zipped prior to submission.
- Your application should execute by running the main project.
- Do not submit any code within your project that is not related to this assignment.
- Applications that do not compile will receive feedback but not a passing grade.
Please submit your zipped NetBeans project.
Ã Sales Representative ID
Ã Representative First Name
Ã Representative Last Name
Ã Office Supplies Sales
Ã Book Sales
Ã Paper Sales
JTextField (One for each field)
Suitable for entry and display of short string values. These fields will all hold values that are no more than a few characters and therefore can be displayed in only one short line within a text box component.
Ã Sales Districts
Grouped JRadioButtons (One for each district)
Suitable where there are multiple options to choose from and the user is allowed to select only one option
Ã Means of Contact
JCheckBox (One for each option)
Suitable where there are multiple options to choose from and the user is allowed to select more than one option
Ã Quit Application
Ã Submit Entries
JButton (One for each function)
Suitable for triggering action events
Variables : rep_id, first_name, last_name, office_supplies, book_sales, paper_sales, district, phone, email, visit;
IF (All required fields have been filled)
IF (North isSelected) SET district = North;
ELSE IF (South isSelected) SET district = South;
ELSE IF (EAST isSelected) SET district = East;
ELSE SET district = West;
Prompt user to enter missing values
IF (there are pending changes)
Prompt to SAVE;