Your supervisor has asked you to make some recommendations regarding the leadership skills necessary to successfully work through the merger at Banks. You have been asked to develop a standardized method of personnel selection for their hiring needs. This plan will be used in all of the companyâ€™s operations, both domestic and foreign, as there are more open positions that will need to be filled quickly. It must support the companyâ€™s goal of obtaining competitive advantage through talent management and acquisition.
Additionally, one of your first hiring needs involves recruiting electronics engineers with a BS degree and one year of experience in a manufacturing environment. The engineers will work a 12-month contract in China, after training in Centervale for a two-week period. The candidates should be suitable for the companyâ€™s current operations in Centervale and the subsidiary in China, as they will spend time at both locations. Skills in English and Chinese are preferred; however, English is required.
Your goal is to identify the most qualified candidates for the job while keeping in mind the unique nature of work environments that require overseas travel.
Write a 12 – 15 page report to your supervisor that will include the development of a recruitment plan. Reference any cultural and legal differences as well as challenges that are likely to arise. Cite at least 6 scholarly references, including direct reference to applicable laws and relevant studies. Address the following questions in your report using correct APA formatting.
Part 1 Development of the Recruitment Plan
- Describe your personnel selection system
- Describe the implementation of the selection system at multiple locations
- Evaluate interpersonal issues such as cultural differences
- Describe the considerations made for varying employment laws
- Describe Expatriation and repatriation strategies and services that will be offered to this group of engineers
Part 2 Leadership Skills
- What leadership skills are most important to those working directly with the Chinese subsidiary?
- Develop a performance evaluation system for those identified as having leadership potential.
- Explain how to develop under performers and keep top performers motivated in a multicultural environment.