Read the Macbeth Act 1 before answering the questions. http://www.folgerdigitaltexts.org/html/Mac.html
1) Where does Macbeth take place?
2) Why was the original Thane of Cawdor killed?
For treason against King Duncan
For treason against Macbeth
For stealing from Macbeth
For murdering King Duncan
3) Why does Macbeth want to kill King Duncan?
King Duncan caused the army to lose a major battle
King Duncan insulted Lady Macbeth
Macbeth wants to be King, even though King Duncan appointed his son Malcolm as next in line
King Duncan is ruling very poorly, as he is old and senile
4) What does Macbeth do to Macdonwald in battle?
Takes him prisoner
Cuts him from the navel to the jaw
Cuts off one arm
5) What do the Weird Sisters say to Banquo?
â€œThou shalt be king of Scotland!â€
â€œHail, king hereafter!â€
â€œO valiant Banquo!â€
â€œThou shalt get kings, though thou be none.â€
6) Who do the Macbeths plan to frame in King Duncanâ€™s murder?
The Kingâ€™s bodyguards
7) How does Lady Macbeth motivate Macbeth to kill King Duncan?
She says she will love him more if he does
She says it will make him a man
She says their children will benefit
She says they are required to do it by supernatural law
8) What does Lady Macbeth say she would do to her child if she had to?
Dash its brains out
Die for it
9) Choose the theme that the quote best develops.
Yet I do fear thy nature;
It is too full oâ€™ the milk of human kindness
To catch the nearest way; thou wouldst be great,
Art not without ambition, but without
The illness should attend it.â€™
A. The price of peace
B. Manâ€™s relationship with God
C. The inherent value of life
D. Violence and Peace
E. The dark side of ambition
10) Choose the theme that the quote best develops.
â€˜Fair is foul, and foul is fairâ€™
A. What is true love?
C. Duty and Loyalty
D. Appearance versus Reality
E. The value of war