please include both question and answer in document 🙂
- How important were the gods and goddesses to mythological beliefs?
- How do the mythological themes in mythology differ among belief systems?
- What are the similar characteristics of the various gods and goddesses?
- How did mythological beliefs shape culture?
- Do structures reflect mythological beliefs?
Critical Thinking Questions
- All the societies discussed in this unit had public places of worship for their mythological gods and goddesses, such as the Greek temples and Aztec pyramids. Why do you think these were important to these civilizations?
- Why do you think the Aztecs and Greeks both used games to honor their gods?
- Many of these mythological stories were filled with violence. Why do you think this is?
- For many of these myths and legends, we only have one or two sources left from ancient times. Without them these ancient myths and legends would be gone forever. Why is it extremely important that we preserve the stories of our past?
- The mythological gods and goddesses often behaved very similarly to humans. They got jealous, they argued, they fought and even interfered in the lives of mortals. Why do you think they were portrayed in such a way?