presentation of measles disease at a community coalition meeting
To understand influential factors related to an outbreak, you must assess and expand on concepts related to Health Behavior and Health Communication and Advocacy.
Write a script for a presentation that you have been asked to make at a community coalition meeting. The script must address (but is not limited to) the following:
- Verbalize the problem, needs at the local/state level, and the type of assistance you seek.
- Describe the intrapersonal and interpersonal factors which contribute to an individual contracting measles.
- Identify health behaviors an individual can adopt/minimize to reduce their chance of contracting measles.
- Explain how the main principles of the social marketing theory can be used to change behavior associated with measles.
- Examine the benefits and consequences of informing and influencing policymakers through health-related advocacy.
Length: 3â€“4 pages, excluding title page and references.
Addressing an audience in an appropriate manner is key to achieving your desired outcome.
Using the script that you wrote for the previous assignment, produce a narrated slide, video, or photo-voice presentation. The presentation will be disseminated to community organizations that can help your effort to enact change at the local and state levels regarding measles within your specific target population.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: Slide or photo-voice presentations must have at least 15 slides, excluding the cover and reference slides, and at least 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutesâ€™ oral narration.
Video presentations must include oral narration and must be at least 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutes in length.
Assessment and Grading: Your presentation will be assessed based on the grading rubric that is linked within the course.
Measles & Rubella Initiative. (2014). Advocacy tools. Retrieved from http://www.measlesrubellainitiative.org/resources/advocacy-tools/