Part 1 due 3/14/1/8 2 pages
You have been working at the Wayne County probation office for approximately 6 months now. Your supervisor has given you your 6-month employment evaluation, which was excellent. As a result, your supervisor has informed you that he is to choose one of the probation officers on his staff of 45 to be appointed to a committee on alcohol use and abuse. This committee is being put together by the County Board of Supervisors. Your supervisor asks you to be part of this committee, which you excitedly agree to do.
At your first committee meeting, the committee chair divides the 30 individuals into smaller subcommittees to explore specific areas of alcohol use and abuse. You are assigned to the prevention and treatment committee along with eight other individuals. The committee is made up professionals from various disciplines, including probation, parole, corrections, addiction, substance/alcohol abuse, social work, psychology, psychiatry, and pharmacology. The board of supervisors has asked that your committee focus solely on prevention issues relating to minors (not adults).
you must choose 3 prevention strategies that are effective with minors (children under the age of 18). For each prevention strategy addressed, you must state/explain/discuss the following:
- The definition of the prevention strategy and where you learned of it
- How it is put into practice
- What environment this prevention strategy is used in
- The efficacy of the prevention strategy
- The cost of the prevention strategy
- The specific minor age group that it targets
- Citations for each sentence that contains information from any source
Part 2 due3/16/18 2â€“4 paragraphs
With regard to treatment resources for Wayne County residents, the following are programs that serve Wayne County and its residents:
- There is the Dick Van Dyke Alcoholism Treatment Center, which serves many counties, including Wayne. The center is located in Ovid, New York.
- There is the Finger Lakes Addiction Counseling and Referral Agency (FLACRA), which provides crisis centers, outpatient treatment for adults and adolescents, and a halfway house. There is a center in Newark, New York, which is located in Wayne County. There are also other centers in surrounding counties operated by FLACRA.
- The Clifton Springs Hospital Addictions Recovery Center has a program in Wayne County.
- Hannick Hall is a residential treatment program for women with alcohol/substance abuse problems located in Newark, New York and is run by the Catholic Family Center Restart Substance Abuse Center.
- There is also the Wayne County Substance Abuse Counseling Program located in Lyons, New York.
- Wayne Behavioral Health Network runs a program called the Wayne Substance Abuse Services program.
- A program in Geneva, New York called the Chemical Dependency Detoxification Program serves Wayne County residents and is operated by Geneva Regional Health System.
- There are 12-step programs including Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon, and Alateen groups in Wayne County as well as a Narcotics Anonymous Chapter.
- With regard to prevention and education, there is the Delphi Drug Abuse Center, which has a program for Wayne County youth in the form of prevention counseling services.
- The Council on Alcoholism & Other Chemical Dependencies of the Finger Lakes has a prevention, education, information, and referral program for Wayne County.
Based on the scenario indicating the community resources available in Wayne County for alcohol and substance abuse problems, do the following:
- Identify 2 types of programs that you believe are lacking in this community.
- State why you believe this community would benefit from the 2 types of programs that you identified.
- State what populations each of the programs you identified would serve.