THIS ALL WHAT NEEDED IN THE PROJECT
1. Overview. In a paragraph, describe the industry in which your company operates.
2. ) Ratios. Present the following for your company using the most recent three years available on Bloomberg (use a table format): Quick Ratio Current Ratio Total Asset Turnover Inventory Turnover Profit Margin Return on Assets Return on Equity Total Debt to Equity PE Ratio Market Capitalization
3. Ratio Analysis. For the following three ratios, briefly indicate the meaning of the values you found in #2 and the trend for the company over the three year period. A) Inventory Turnover, B) Profit Margin, C) Return on Assets.
4. Comparison to Competitor. How does your company compare to its competitors in terms of liquidity, use of leverage, efficiency, profitability, and shareholder value?
5. DuPont Analysis. Complete a DuPont analysis of your company and discuss its outcome. Using the DuPont Analysis data, write a brief (one paragraph) statement to the CEO of your company indicating the strengths and weaknesses of your company, and suggesting some actions that can be taken to improve the weaknesses.
6. Company Trend. In Excel, create a line chart to show the companyâ€™s performance for profit margin over the last three year period. Appropriately label and title the chart.
7. Competitorsâ€™ Trend. In Excel, create a line chart to show the competitorsâ€™ performance for profit margin over the last three year period. Appropriately label and title the chart.
8. Competitor Comparison. In Excel, create a columnar bar chart to highlight a comparison between the company and all competitors for the percentage of debt in the firmâ€™s capital structure in 2017
9. Including a Text Box. In Excel, create a text box where you will write a brief summary for management in which you explain the trend in company performance and the comparison to competitors by referring to the charts you have created. Format the document so that all items print on one page. Landscape and portrait print are equally acceptable. Graded for grammar.
Company: Target, Inc.
Competitor: Walmart, Inc.