Reinforcing Learning With Change
Reflecting on the earlier discussion of the use of cognitive performance-enhancing drugs by someone with a healthy brain, do you think that expectations about memory, learning, and problem-solving can affect cognitive performance?
Think of an area of your personal or professional behavior that you would like to change. Use your understanding of intelligence and metacognition to help you make some reinforcements for change in this area.
- Describe a learning experience related to your behavioral target area. Make sure to elaborate on the learning goals and any associated desired changes in behavior.
- Identify reinforcers you would use to help stay on track.
- Predict how behavior patterns, thoughts, and feelings may change after the learning experience.
Congratulationsâ€”you have come to the end of this course! Take a few moments to reflect on your accomplishments over the last 10 weeks and how the concepts presented in this course can benefit you personally and professionally. Then respond to the following:
- How have you applied one or more of the course concepts to personal or professional situations? How did the theory or concept help in the situation?
- What is the most valuable thing you learned in this course? Did anything presented in the course surprise you?
- What course concepts were the most challenging for you?