Select a image and write essay on it.
Visual Rhetoric: how we perceive images and how those images persuade us (how we are persuaded by the things we see)
Visual Literacy: the ability to recognize and understand ideas conveyed through visible actions or images (as pictures)
PROMPT: Write a visual analysis of at least 2 to 3 full typed pages about an image of your choosing. In addition to statues and memorials, think about charts or graphs, superheroes, graphic novel characters, paintings, buildings, political cartoons, and movie scenes. You must have 2 outside resources. In your essay, you must accomplish the following in order to receive full credit for the visual interpretation component of the assignment.
- Description: Describe the physical image comprehensively demonstrating a full understanding of significant elements of the image.
- Explanation: Provide a well-developed explanation of the meaning or purpose of the image, fully supported by the evidence within the image.
- Consequences & Implications: Presents a detailed, sophisticated discussion of consequences and/or implications of the visual imageâ€™s meaning.
- Context of and Purpose for Writing: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of context, audience, and purpose of a visual analysis.
- Content Development: Use appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to illustrate mastery of the idea of visual analysis.
- Genre and Disciplinary Conventions: Properly format and organize the essay in MLA style.
- Sources and Evidence: Incorporate at least two citations in each paragraph from at least two library database sources.
- Control of Syntax and Mechanics: Use graceful language that skillfully communicates meaning to readers with clarity and fluency, making almost no errors.
On the last page of your essay, before the Works Cited, paste a large size image of your object so that I can better determine the accuracy of your analysis. Do not forget to use 2 outside resources in addition to your image!