READ ME: need to have my current research summarized into one (two tops) VERY concise paragraph(s). I have attached my current rough draft of research.
For this assignment, you are asked to summarize your research findings into a condensed passage and submit it for publication in a public setting (no passwords or registration required to view your passage). While we hesitate to use the word “publication,” knowing that it might seem utterly terrifying to some, this should be a low-stakes way to get your thoughts out to the world to ponder. Additionally, doing this will provide you with another way you can present your ideas to others.
Below, you will find instruction noting where you might submit your entry for publication. If you have tried any of these before, pick a different option, as long as it entails *open publication for public viewing,* so you are doing something you have never done before.
Summarize the main points and conclusion of your Research Project in a minimum of one (1) concise paragraph. Publishers appreciate conciseness. Do NOT submit your entire Research Project. You may include one small visual, if appropriate for your publication environment.
Here are a few suggestions for you to consider for publication of your passage:
- Contribute your passage to a Wikipedia page related to your research topic. Just find an entry you feel relatively confident adding to, and go for it. Instructions on how to edit an entry are located on the main page of Wikipedia.
- Add a comment to an “active” blog dealing with the topic of your Research Project. Share a few of your research findings, and you may want to include some final thoughts about your research issues.
- Submit your passage as part of a letter to the editor of a magazine or a local newspaper, for example, as you deem appropriate. Many publications have details on how to submit on their sites.
After you submit your entry for *open publication for public viewing,* post the following information for this Discussion assignment:
- Identify where you submitted your work (name of organization).
- Post the actual passage you submitted for publication. Again, do NOT submit your entire Research Project.
- If you submitted to an online source, include a complete internet address that will take us directly to your entry (not to a home page, in other words), so we can view your entry easily.
And don’t worry if you don’t actually get published or if your Wiki addition gets changed, for example. This almost always happens to everyone at least a few times. The real success is taking that step to “go out on a limb” and put yourself “out there.”