Assignment: Interview a first generation immigrant to determine cultural barriers to healthcare. (A foreign born citizen or resident who has immigrated to a new country of residence may be called a “first–generation” migrant)
This is a formal 1-2 page write-up and discussion that requires correct grammar, punctuation, and APA format.
- Can you describe from your experience anything that was unexpected, unusual, or inappropriate in your medical care or treatment?
- What preceded and contributed to the event?
- What did you do or not do? How did you feel?
- What was the outcome or result?
- In what way did your ethnic or cultural background play a role?
- How might the described event be avoided in the future?