Construct a unique hypothesis for a psychology study to be tested by the Pearson correlation and describe what you think you might find if you ran the data. Please list the results in APA style as well as plain language.
Submit your post by Wednesday. Please be sure to cite your text and any other materials used.
By Friday at 11:59 p.m. CST, respond to the posts of at least two other learners. Comment on their proposed study.
Your responses are expected to be substantive in nature and are expected to reference the assigned readings and other theoretical, empirical, or professional literature to support your views and writings. In your response, do at least one of the following:
- Ask a probing question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
- Provide an alternative opinion.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Translate statistical terms to plain language.
- Examine how to apply APA guidelines.
- Investigate when correlation is the appropriate analysis for a study.
- Examine how to test hypotheses by interpreting correlational data.
Before engaging in this discussion, complete this unit’s studies and review the Unit 10 Checklist.
Although you have now completed the course, one additional action is a good practice at the conclusion of every online course. Take the time to consider what you accomplished or struggled to accomplish.
Reflect on the major concepts you studied in this course:
- Frequencies, percentages, and normal curves.
- Descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, graphical displays, et cetera).
- Inferential statistics (t tests, ANOVA, correlation, chi-square test, et cetera).
- Hypothesis construction.
- SPSS use.
- Application of statistics to real-world information.
Create a post of approximately 500â€“600 words that addresses the following reflective questions about the concepts covered in this course:
- Relate each concept to how it has improved your professional and personal understanding of statistics and measurement in the workplace or in your community.
- Indicate in detail how you have applied one course concept in a workplace or personal situation.
- Discuss in detail, with the use of an example, your most valuable lessons learned in this course.
- Discuss the suggestions you would give other learners to ensure a better online educational experience, based on your own experiences in this course.