write an essay by answering all the questions below
1. Is Social Media a good forum for elected leaders? How should they best communicate with the public? Youâ€™ll evaluate the President and Vice President on their use of Twitter and Facebook to implement their agendas. 1. Read the Pew Charitable Trust article (http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2014/10/17/officials-urged-take-care-with-social-media) and develop a list of best practices for elected leadersâ€™ use of social media.
2. Spend two weeks (select a 14-day period, and be sure to state the dates in your paper) with the President and Vice President as they utilize social media:
Donald Trump: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump https://www.facebook.com/POTUS/
Mike Pence: https://twitter.com/mike_pence https://www.facebook.com/VicePresidentPence/
Note: Mike Pence does not always have twitter messages. What does this say about him in comparison to Donald Trump?
3. What message or agenda are each conveying to â€œfollowers?â€ Discuss three (3) themes for each official. (for example: economy, environment, guns)
4. Are they consistent with whatâ€™s on their â€œofficialâ€ government pages? https://www.whitehouse.gov
(*to follow up on more specific information associated with each individual, place your browser arrow over ‘The Administration’ tab and you should have the separate offices drop down*)
5. Do these elected leaders have any more personal or social responsibility to the citizens and residents of the USA than the average Facebook or Twitter user? Why?
6. If you were the social media advisor to each man, what would suggest for each? Based upon your â€œbest practices,â€ are they doing it right? What can each do to try to reach out beyond their base of supporters/followers?
7. How would you distinguish between what is truth v what are lies?
Remember to follow the essay guidelines with three references, three pages and 12 point type.