citing specific evidence from the funeral oration not the textbook what were the main features of athenian democracy according to pericles
Read the Pericles Funeral Oration (along with the document background information and the study questions) and answer the following question in a paragraph:
Citing specific evidence from the Funeral Oration (not the textbook), what were the main features of Athenian democracy according to Pericles?
Some Suggested Websites for further study on this assignment:
- The Greeks: Crucible of Civilization is an excellent site that accompanies the PBS series. See, for example, the page on Pericles.
- See the extra credit assignment with material on Thucydides.
- Dr. J’s Illustrated Pericles’ Funeral Oration by Janice Siegel, Illinois State University, is a rather interesting take on Pericles.
- Pericles’ Funeral Oration — Hear and Read the Full Text (also a Greek version)
- The Funeral Oration, Context and Meaning; Text and Translation
Your paragraph should be about one-half page in length, double-spaced with one-inch margins, font size 10 or 12; it should contain a concise topic sentence (sentence 1) that directly responds to the assigned question (no need to define terms or cite a dictionary), and you should use direct, quoted material to support your points. Your last sentence should be a conclusion. You may consider sending a draft of your assignment to your instructor for feedback before submitting the assignment for a grade.