Assignment on DRACULA Movies
You can comment /compare / answer each point separately or write an essay touching the 5 points below. Give reasons for all your statements (350 â€“ 400 words). Deadline March 17th midnight.
- Which of the 3 Dracula book-to-movie adaptations seemed scarier to you and why?
- In the first lecture of this course I was telling you that Victorian Gothic brought with it the collapse between opposites (self – the other; good – evil; domestic – foreign; life â€“ death; science – spirituality, fiancÃ©e – bride; familiar – unfamiliar, etc). Choose and discuss two examples of any such duality in any of the movies we saw together. see Dracula 1 (notes)(1).pdf
- Compare any of the main characters (personality, motives, interpretation, transformation, etc) from any the 3 movies (Dracula 1931, Dracula 1992, Dracula Untold).
- How is love and fear of death treated in these movies?
- Which of the 3 movies did you like best? Give reasons.