Review the attached “Writing a Five-Paragraph Essay” resource to help guide you through the structure of a five-paragraph essay.
- Review the media piece The Writing Process to help you prepare your first draft. (Attached)
- Write the first draft of your five-paragraph expository essay, which should be 750-1,000 words.
- Review the First Draft Rubric to help you make sure all elements are present in your essay. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. (Attached)
The essay should contain the following:
- An introductory paragraph with a thesis statement. The topic is: Describe the effect a prison sentence has on an inmateâ€™s reintegration into society.
- Three body or supporting paragraphs.
- A concluding paragraph.
- In-text citations and a reference page. (Remember to reference and cite any supporting information you are taking from your articles-if it is not your original thought, there needs to be a citation and reference.)
Attached also is my expository brainstorming worksheet. I included the references that I wish to use as well as you can add some if you see fit.