Lab Assignment: Applying Regulatory Compliance Standards (30 Points)
In this lab, you will implement policies that map to Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). You will ensure secure data access and encryption of a patient database. You will back up and restore patient data. You also will ensure access controls on a Point of Sale (POS) system by adding distinct user accounts. You will configure a host-based firewall to protect the cardholder information. Finally, you will scan the POS system for vulnerabilities to identify security risks.
Follow the steps below to complete this assignment:
- Carefully read through the Student Lab Guide linked below. It provides detailed instructions for accessing and completing the labs in this course.
- Open the Lab 6 Assessment Worksheet attached below.* Save a copy of the worksheet to your computer; this will allow you to fill it out electronically and save your answers. You will complete this worksheet and submit it to your instructor after you have completed the hands-on portion of the lab. However, it is strongly recommended that you read through the worksheet before you begin.
- Click the Lab Link in the module folder to enter the virtual lab environment.
- Read through all the material under the Intro and Steps tabs before you start working.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions under the Steps tab to perform the lab. Note: You will not be completing a lab report, so you can disregard instructions to make screen captures.