In this assignment, you will choose one recent distressing event reported in the news media (e.g., an act of terrorism, a natural disaster, an abduction or kidnapping, an act of mass interpersonal violence).
In a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document:
- Provide a summary of the event, citing the sources, highlighting the emotions, thoughts, behaviors, or symptoms of the individual(s) named in the article.
- Explain why the individualsâ€™ behavior is considered â€œnormalâ€ or “abnormal.”
- Describe the possible short- and long-term effects of the event or experience on the individual(s).
- Identify potential diagnosis and give reasons why this is the appropriate diagnosis for the individual(s).
- Discuss the counselorâ€™s role as a member of a multidisciplinary team which is intervening during and after the event.
Your final deliverable will utilize a minimum of three scholarly references (the textbook may be utilized as one of these references). Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation following current APA requirements.