Suppose you are working as a senior software development manager in a software house. The company develops custom software for clients. In one of the development projects, a postmortem analysis reveals that a particular developer out of a team of five (5) was responsible for the major failure of the developed software product. This has caused the project to run 20% behind schedule and exceed its monetary budget by 30%. Initial estimates point to an additional twelve (12) weeks from the original 36-week effort to correct the failures. You have been asked by your supervisor to create an improvement plan to address these issues using the People Capability Maturity Model (P-CMM). The P-CMM model is available at the following URL: http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA512354 (Links to an external site.).
- Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the key practices and improvement activities from the people capability maturity model and recommend the practices you would use to address the software failure.
- Describe an appropriate strategy for implementing the recommended improvement activities that you have identified.
- Explain how to measure the return on the company investment after applying the key practices and improvement activities.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment (Links to an external site.). Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of this assignment (Links to an external site.) must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment (Links to an external site.), the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment (Links to an external site.) page length